In order to keep the videos useful to visitors to our site we ask that you follow these rules when submitting a video.
- In order to upload a video, you need a valid YouTube/Google account. To create a YouTube/Google account, follow the instructions at YouTube.com/create_account.
- Please record your video in a quiet area and project your voice.
- Make sure light is on your face and not behind it (i.e. don’t sit in front of a bright window or a lamp).
- Title your video. Use “#ImGladIKnow” in the title and include your name “#ImGladIKnow: Justin – Glad I Use Protection”
- Use tags to describe your video like “HIV” “AIDs” “Know your status”
- Be positive! Remind that when a person learns they are HIV+ it can be a difficult time in that person’s life. It’s important that we are here to support them and provide them with the support and resources they need to live a meaningful and productive life.
- Speak authentically and from the heart. Make the message your own.
- Please don’t submit music videos or short films.
- Avoid negative language and specifically mentioning self-harm.
- Please don’t describe or mention any past sexual partners by real or nicknames.